vBSEO proc_deutf() function code execution
|vbseo-procdeutf-code-execution (72689)||High Risk|
vBSEO could allow a remote attacker to execute arbitrary code on the system, caused by an error in the proc_deutf() function by functions_vbseocp_abstract.php script. An attacker could exploit this vulnerability using a specially-crafted request to execute arbitrary code on the vulnerable system.
Refer to vBSEO Web Site for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- Offensive Security Exploit Database [01-27-2012]: vBSEO <= 3.6.0 "proc_deutf()" Remote PHP Code Injection Exploit.
- vBESO Web Site: *vBSEO Security Bulletin* All Supported Versions: Patch Release .
- BID-51647: vBSEO 'proc_deutf()' Remote Code Execution Vulnerability
- CVE-2012-5223: The proc_deutf function in includes/functions_vbseocp_abstract.php in vBSEO 3.5.0, 3.5.1, 3.5.2, 3.6.0, and earlier allows remote attackers to insert and execute arbitrary PHP code via complex curly syntax in the char_repl parameter, which is inserted into a regular expression that is processed by the preg_replace function with the eval switch.
- OSVDB ID: 78508: vBSEO includes/functions_vbseocp_abstract.php proc_deutf() Function Remote Code Execution
- SA47699: vBSEO "proc_deutf()" Code Execution Vulnerability
- vBSEO vBSEO 3.5.0
- vBSEO vBSEO 3.5.1
- vBSEO vBSEO 3.5.2
- vBSEO vBSEO 3.6.0
Jan 23, 2012
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.