NX Web Companion applet code execution
|nxweb-applet-code-execution (72712)||High Risk|
NX Web Companion could allow a remote attacker to execute arbitrary code on the system, caused by the improper handling of updates by the applet. By persuading a victim to visit a specially-crafted Web site containing the applet, a remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to execute arbitrary code on the system.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- Full-disclosure Mailing List, Wed Jan 25 2012 - 09:43:37 CST : NX Web Companion Spoofing Arbitrary Code Execution Vulnerability.
- NoMachine Web site: NX Web Companion.
- BID-51676: NX Web Companion Applet Handling Arbitrary Code Execution Vulnerability
- CVE-2012-5003: nxapplet.jar in No Machine NX Web Companion 3.x and earlier does not properly verify the authenticity of updates, which allows user-assisted remote attackers to execute arbitrary code via a crafted (1) SiteUrl or (2) RedirectUrl parameter that points to a Trojan Horse client.zip update file.
- OSVDB ID: 78531: NX Web Companion nxapplet.jar Multiple Parameter Update Handling File Upload Remote Code Execution
- SA47685: NX Web Companion Update Handling Vulnerability
- NoMachine NX Web Companion 3.5.0-3
Jan 25, 2012
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.