Drupal Managesite Module category title parameter cross-site scripting
|drupal-managesite-category-xss (72742)||Medium Risk|
Drupal Managesite Module is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the category title field to inject malicious script into a Web page which would be executed in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the page is viewed. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
Refer to DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2012-015 for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- Drupal Managesite Web Site: managesite 6.x-1.1 | drupal.org.
- DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2012-015: Managesite - Cross Site Scripting (XSS).
- BID-51669: Drupal Managesite Module Cross Site Scripting Vulnerability
- CVE-2012-1640: Multiple cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities in the Managesite module 6.x-1.x before 6.1-1.1 for Drupal allow remote authenticated users with administer managesite permissions to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the title parameter when (1) adding or (2) updating a category.
- OSVDB ID: 78529: Managesite Module for Drupal Category Manipulation Category Title Field XSS
- SA47732: Drupal Managesite Module Two Script Insertion Vulnerabilities
- Drupal Drupal
- Drupal Managesite 6.X-1.0
Jan 25, 2012
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this