Tracker Software pdfSaver ActiveX control buffer overflow
|pdfxchange-activex-buffer-overflow (72774)||High Risk|
The Tracker Software pdfSaver ActiveX control (pdfxctrl.dll) is vulnerable to a stack-based buffer overflow. By persuading a victim to visit a specially-crafted Web page that passes an overly long argument to the insecure StoreInRegistry and InitFromRegistry methods, a remote attacker could overflow a buffer and execute arbitrary code on the system or cause the victim's browser to crash.
No remedy available as of October 1, 2014.
- Offensive Security Exploit Database [01-29-2012]: Tracker Software pdfSaver ActiveX 3.60 (pdfxctrl.dll) Stack Buffer Overflow (SEH).
- Tracker Software Web site: PDF-XChange pdfSaver.
- BID-51712: PDF-XChange pdfSaver ActiveX Multiple Buffer Overflow Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2012-5324: Multiple buffer overflows in the Pdf Printer Preferences ActiveX Control in pdfxctrl.dll in Tracker Software PDF-XChange 3.60.0128 allow remote attackers to excute arbitrary code via a long string in the (1) sub_path parameter to the StoreInRegistry function or (2) sub_key parameter to the InitFromRegistry function.
- Tracker Software PDF-XChange pdfSaver ActiveX control 3.60.0128
Jan 29, 2012
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.