Drupal Forward Module multiple blocks security bypass
|drupal-multiple-blocks-security-bypass (72920)||Medium Risk|
Drupal Forward Module could allow a remote attacker to bypass security restrictions, caused by improper validation of access permissions by Recent forwards and Most forwarded blocks. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using Dynamic Block feature to bypass security restrictions to view the node titles and gain unauthorized access to the vulnerable application.
Refer to DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2012-016 for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2012-016: Forward module CSRF and Access bypass.
- Forward Web Site: Forward | drupal.org.
- BID-51826: Drupal Forward Module Cross Site Request Forgery and Access Security Bypass Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2012-1056: The Forward module 6.x-1.x before 6.x-1.21 and 7.x-1.x before 7.x-1.3 for Drupal does not properly enforce permissions for (1) Recent forwards, (2) Most forwarded, or (3) Dynamic blocks, which allows remote attackers to obtain node titles via unspecified vectors.
- OSVDB ID: 78817: Forward Module for Drupal Multiple Block Access Permission Weakness Node Title Disclosure
- SA47851: Drupal Forward Module Security Bypass Vulnerability
- Drupal Forward 6.x-1.0
- Drupal Forward 6.x-1.11
- Drupal Forward 6.x-1.12
- Drupal Forward 6.x-1.19
- Drupal Forward 6.x-1.20
- Drupal Forward 7.x-1.0
- Drupal Forward 7.x-1.1
- Drupal Forward 7.x-1.2
Feb 02, 2012
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.