TYPO3 Webservices Extension unspecified code execution
|typo3-webservices-unspecified-code-execution (72965)||Medium Risk|
TYPO3 Webservices Extension could allow a remote attacker to upload arbitrary files, caused by the improper validation of file extensions by an unspecified script. By sending a specially-crafted HTTP request, a remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to upload a malicious PHP script, which could allow the attacker to execute arbitrary PHP code on the vulnerable system.
Refer to TYPO3-EXT-SA-2012-001 for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- TYPO3 Webservices Web Site: TYPO3 - the Enterprise Open Source CMS: Repository.
- TYPO3-EXT-SA-2012-001: Several vulnerabilities in third party extensions.
- BID-51843: TYPO3 Webservices Extension Unspecified Remote Code Execution Vulnerability
- CVE-2012-1079: Unspecified vulnerability in the Webservices for TYPO3 (typo3_webservice) extension before 0.3.8 for TYPO3 allows remote authenticated users to execute arbitrary code via unknown vectors.
- OSVDB ID: 78792: Webservices Extension for TYPO3 Unspecified Remote Code Execution
- TYPO3 Webservices 0.3.7
Feb 02, 2012
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.