Real Networks RealPlayer RV40 code execution
|realplayer-rv40-code-exec (73021)||High Risk|
Real Networks RealPlayer could allow a remote attacker to execute arbitrary code on the system, caused by an error when processing RV40 content. By persuading a victim to visit a specially-crafted Web site, a remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to execute arbitrary code on the system or cause the application to crash.
Upgrade to the latest version of RealPlayer (184.108.40.206 or later), available from the RealNetworks Web site. See References.
- RealNetworks November 2011 Update: RealNetworks, Inc. Releases Update to Address Security Vulnerabilities..
- ZDI-12-183: RealNetworks RealPlayer RV40 Remote Code Execution Vulnerability.
- BID-51887: Real Networks RealPlayer CVE-2012-0925 Remote Code Execution Vulnerability
- CVE-2012-0925: Unspecified vulnerability in the RV40 codec in RealNetworks RealPlayer 11.x, 14.x, and 15.x before 15.02.71, and RealPlayer SP 1.0 through 1.1.5, allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary code via a crafted RV40 RealVideo video stream.
- OSVDB ID: 78914: RealPlayer RV40 Content Handling Unspecified Remote Code Execution
- SA47896: RealPlayer Multiple Vulnerabilities
- RealNetworks RealPlayer 220.127.116.11
Feb 06, 2012
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.