Zenphoto viewer_size_image_saved parameter code execution
|zenphoto-viewersizeimage-code-execution (73081)||Medium Risk|
Zenphoto could allow a remote attacker to execute arbitrary code on the system, caused by the improper validation of file extensions by the eval() function. By sending a specially-crafted HTTP request using viewer_size_image_saved parameter, a remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to upload a malicious PHP script, which could allow the attacker to execute arbitrary PHP code on the vulnerable system.
Upgrade to the latest version of Zenphoto (126.96.36.199 or later), available from the Zenphoto Web site. See References.
- HTB23070: Multiple vulnerabilities in ZENphoto.
- Zenphoto Web Site: Zenphoto - The simpler media website CMS.
- BID-51916: Zenphoto Multiple Security Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2012-0993: Eval injection vulnerability in zp-core/zp-extensions/viewer_size_image.php in ZENphoto 1.4.2, when the viewer_size_image plugin is enabled, allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary PHP code via the viewer_size_image_saved cookie.
- OSVDB ID: 78979: zenphoto viewer_size_image_saved Cookie Value eval() Call Remote PHP Code Execution
- SA47875: zenphoto Multiple Vulnerabilities
- Zenphoto Zenphoto 1.4.2
Feb 08, 2012
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.