ACDSee BMP image buffer overflow
|acdsee-bmp-image-bo (73242)||High Risk|
ACDSee is vulnerable to a heap-based buffer overflow, caused by an integer overflow in the IDE_ACDStd.apl module. By persuading a victim to open a specially-crafted BMP image file, a remote attacker could overflow a buffer and execute arbitrary code on the system or cause the application to crash.
No remedy available as of October 1, 2014.
- ACDSee Web Site: ACDSee 14.
- BID-52047: ACDSee BMP Image File Handling Remote Heap Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- CVE-2012-1197: Integer overflow in the IDE_ACDStd.apl module for ACDSee 14.1 Build 137 allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary code via crafted image dimension values in a BMP file, which triggers a heap-based buffer overflow.
- OSVDB ID: 79305: ACDSee IDE_ACDStd.apl Module BMP File Handling Remote Overflow
- SA47450: ACDSee BMP Image Processing Integer Overflow Vulnerability
- ACD Systems ACDSee 14.1 Build 137
Feb 16, 2012
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.