IBM InfoSphere Metadata Workbench troubleshooting functionality security bypass
|infosphere-mw-ts-security-bypass (73265)||Medium Risk|
IBM InfoSphere Metadata Workbench could allow a remote authenticated attacker to bypass security restrictions, caused by improper access controls on the troubleshooting functionality. An attacker could exploit this vulnerability to perform unauthorized administrative actions.
Refer to IBM Security Bulletin 1623501 for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- IBM Security Bulletin 1623501: Multiple security vulnerabilities in the IBM InfoSphere Information Server Suite.
- CVE-2012-0205: InfoSphere Metadata Workbench (MWB) 8.1 through 8.7 in IBM InfoSphere Information Server 8.1, 8.5 before FP3, and 8.7 does not properly restrict use of the troubleshooting feature, which allows remote authenticated users to bypass intended access restrictions or cause a denial of service (workbench outage) via unspecified vectors.
- IBM InfoSphere Metadata Workbench 8.1
- IBM InfoSphere Metadata Workbench 8.1.1
- IBM InfoSphere Metadata Workbench 8.1.2
- IBM InfoSphere Metadata Workbench 8.5
- IBM InfoSphere Metadata Workbench 8.7
Jan 11, 2013
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.