IBM InfoSphere Information Server FastTrack client insecure user credentials storage
|infosphere-client-cred-storage (73266)||Low Risk|
IBM InfoSphere Information Server FastTrack client could provide weaker than expected security, caused by the insecure storage of user credentials. This could potentially lead to unauthorized access to IBM InfoSphere Information Server functionality.
Refer to IBM Security Bulletin 1623501 for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- IBM Security Bulletin 1623501: Multiple security vulnerabilities in the IBM InfoSphere Information Server Suite.
- CVE-2012-0700: The client in InfoSphere FastTrack 8.1 through 8.7 in IBM InfoSphere Information Server 8.1, 8.5 before FP3, and 8.7 does not properly store credentials, which allows local users to bypass intended access restrictions via unspecified vectors.
- IBM InfoSphere FastTrack 8.1
- IBM InfoSphere FastTrack 8.1.1
- IBM InfoSphere FastTrack 8.1.2
- IBM InfoSphere FastTrack 8.5
- IBM InfoSphere FastTrack 8.7
Jan 11, 2013
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this