Sagem F@ST 2604 router password cross-site request forgery
|sagem-fatst-password-csrf (73380)||Medium Risk|
The Sagem F@ST 2604 router is vulnerable to cross-site request forgery, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the password.cgi script. By persuading an authenticated user to visit a malicious Web site, a remote attacker could send a malformed HTTP request to modify the admin password. An attacker could exploit this vulnerability to perform cross-site scripting attacks, Web cache poisoning, and other malicious activities.
No remedy available as of April 1, 2014.
- Offensive Security Exploit Database [02-22-2012]: Sagem F@ST 2604 CSRF Vulnerability (ADSL Router).
- Sagem Telecommunications Web site: F@ST 2604.
- CVE-2012-5320: Cross-site request forgery (CSRF) vulnerability in password.cgi in Sagem F@ST 2604 253180972B allows remote attackers to hijack the authentication of administrators for requests that change the administrator password via the sysPassword parameter.
- OSVDB ID: 79649: Sagem F@st 2604 Admin Password Manipulation CSRF
- SA48088: Sagem F<img src="/imgs/at.gif" border=0 align=middle>st 2604 Cross-Site Request Forgery Vulnerability
- Sagem F@st 2604 253180972B
Feb 22, 2012
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.