D-LinkDCS series password cross-site request forgery
|dcs-password-csrf (73387)||Medium Risk|
The D-Link DCS series is vulnerable to cross-site request forgery, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the security.cgi script. By persuading an authenticated user to visit a malicious Web site, a remote attacker could send a malformed HTTP request to modify the admin password. An attacker could exploit this vulnerability to perform cross-site scripting attacks, Web cache poisoning, and other malicious activities.
No remedy available as of April 1, 2014.
- D-Link web site: DCS series.
- Offensive Security Exploit Database [02-22-2012]: Dlink DCS series CSRF Change Admin Password.
- BID-52134: Multiple D-Link DCS Products 'security.cgi' Cross-Site Request Forgery Vulnerability
- CVE-2012-5319: Cross-site request forgery (CSRF) vulnerability in setup/security.cgi in D-Link DCS-900, DCS-2000, and DCS-5300 allows remote attackers to hijack the authentication of administrators for requests that change the administrator password via the rootpass parameter.
- OSVDB ID: 79770: D-Link Multiple DCS Products security.cgi Admin Password Manipulation CSRF
- D-Link DCS-2000
- D-Link DCS-5300
- D-Link DCS-900
Feb 22, 2012
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.