IBM DB2 db2dasrrm buffer overflow
|db2-db2dasrrm-bo (73495)||High Risk|
IBM DB2 is vulnerable to a heap-based buffer overflow, caused by a signedness error in the db2dasrrm process. By sending a specially-crafted request, a remote attacker could overflow a buffer and execute arbitrary code on the system with DAS privileges or cause the database server to crash.
Refer to IBM Flash (Alert) 1588093 for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- IBM Security Bulletin 1588093: Security Bulletin: Remote Escalation of Privilege Vulnerability in DB2 Administration Server (CVE-2012-0711).
- BID-52326: IBM DB2 Multiple Security Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2012-0711: Integer signedness error in the db2dasrrm process in the DB2 Administration Server (DAS) in IBM DB2 9.1 through FP11, 9.5 before FP9, and 9.7 through FP5 on UNIX platforms allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary code via a crafted request that triggers a heap-based buffer overflow.
- OSVDB ID: 79844: IBM DB2 on Unix DAS Component Crafted Request Unspecified Remote Overflow
- SA48279: IBM DB2 Multiple Vulnerabilities
- SA49437: IBM DB2 Multiple Vulnerabilities
- SA49474: IBM DB2 Multiple Vulnerabilities
- IBM DB2 Universal Database 9
Mar 16, 2012
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.