Cool aid module for Drupal help messages security bypass
|coolaid-helpmessages-security-bypass (73608)||Medium Risk|
The Cool aid module for Drupal could allow a remote attacker to bypass security restrictions, caused by an error related to editable help messages. By sending a specially-crafted request, a remote authenticated attacker could exploit this vulnerability to bypass security restrictions and gain unauthorized access to the application.
Refer to SA-CONTRIB-2012-025 for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- Cool aid Web Site: Cool aid; Editable help messages | drupal.org.
- SA-CONTRIB-2012-025: Cool aid; Editable help messages - Multiple vulnerabilities.
- BID-52232: Drupal Cool aid Module Cross Site Scripting and Access Security Bypass Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2012-1649: Cool Aid module before 6.x-1.9 for Drupal does not enforce access restrictions, which allows remote authenticated users with the administer coolaid permission to modify arbitrary pages via unspecified vectors.
- OSVDB ID: 79772: Cool Aid Module for Drupal Unspecified Access Restriction Bypass
- SA48196: Drupal Cool Aid Module Custom Help Messages Script Insertion Vulnerability
- Drupal Cool aid module for Drupal 6.X-1.4
- Drupal Drupal
Feb 29, 2012
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.