Taxonomy Views Integrator module for Drupal view pages cross-site scripting
|taxonomyviews-viewpages-xss (73612)||Medium Risk|
The Taxonomy Views Integrator module for Drupal is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input. A remote attacker with administer taxonomy permissions could exploit this vulnerability to inject malicious script into a Web page which would be executed in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the page is viewed. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
Refer to SA-CONTRIB-2012-029 for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See Reerences.
- Drupal Web Site: Drupal - Open Source CMS | drupal.org.
- SA-CONTRIB-2012-029: Taxonomy Views Integrator - Cross Site Scripting (XSS).
- BID-52227: Drupal Taxonomy Views Integrator Module HTML Injection Vulnerability
- CVE-2012-1653: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in the Taxonomy Views Integrator (TVI) module 6.x-1.x before 6.x-1.3 for Drupal allows remote authenticated users to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via unspecified vectors, related to views pages.
- OSVDB ID: 79682: Taxonomy Views Integrator Module for Drupal Views Pages Unspecified XSS
- SA48163: Drupal Taxonomy Views Integrator Module Script Insertion Vulnerability
- Drupal Drupal
- Drupal Taxonomy Views Integrator 6.X-1.2
- Drupal Taxonomy Views Integrator module for Drupal 6.X-1.2
Feb 29, 2012
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.