Webform module for Drupal unspecified cross-site scripting
|webform-unspec-xss (73779)||Medium Risk|
Description:Webform module for Drupal is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input. A remote authenticated attacker could exploit this vulnerability using an unspecified field to inject malicious script into a Web page which would be executed in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the page is viewed. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
Refer to SA-CONTRIB-2012-035 for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- Drupal Web Site: Drupal - Open Source CMS | drupal.org.
- SA-CONTRIB-2012-035: Webform Cross Site Scripting (XSS).
- BID-52345: Drupal Webform Module Radio Buttons Checkboxes HTML Injection Vulnerability
- CVE-2012-1660: Multiple cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities in components/select.inc in the Webform module 6.x-3.x before 6.x-3.17 and 7.x-3.x before 7.x-3.17 for Drupal, when the Select (or other) module is enabled, allow remote authenticated users with the create webform content permission to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via vectors related to (1) checkboxes or (2) radios.
- OSVDB ID: 79852: Webform Module for Drupal Unspecified XSS
- SA48310: Drupal Webform Module Unspecified Script Insertion Vulnerability
- Drupal Drupal
- Drupal Webform module for Drupal 6.x-3.10
- Drupal Webform module for Drupal 6.x-3.11
- Drupal Webform module for Drupal 6.x-3.9
- Drupal Webform module for Drupal 7.x-3.10
- Drupal Webform module for Drupal 7.x-3.11
Mar 07, 2012
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.