Apple WebKit unspecified code execution
|apple-webkit-cve20120593-code-execution (73812)||High Risk|
An unspecified vulnerability in Apple WebKit related to multiple memory corruption errors could allow a remote attacker to execute arbitrary code on the system or cause the affected application to crash.
Refer to Apple HT5191 and Apple HT5192 for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- Apple KB HT5191: About the security content of iTunes 10.6.
- Apple KB HT5192: About the security content of iOS 5.1 Software Update.
- BID-52364: Apple iPhone/iPad/iPod touch Prior to iOS 5.1 Multiple Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2012-0593: WebKit, as used in Apple iOS before 5.1 and iTunes before 10.6, allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary code or cause a denial of service (memory corruption and application crash) via a crafted web site, a different vulnerability than other WebKit CVEs listed in APPLE-SA-2012-03-07-1 and APPLE-SA-2012-03-07-2.
- OSVDB ID: 79915: Apple iOS WebKit Website Handling Unspecified Remote Memory Corruption (2012-0593)
- SA48274: Apple iTunes Multiple WebKit Vulnerabilities
- SA48288: Apple iOS Multiple Vulnerabilities
- Apple iOS 5
- Apple iTunes 10
Mar 07, 2012
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.