Fancy Slide module for Drupal creating slideshow blocks cross-site scripting
|fancyslide-createslideshowblocks-xss (74070)||Medium Risk|
Fancy Slide module for Drupal is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability when creating slideshow blocks to inject malicious script into a Web page which would be executed in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the page is viewed. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
Refer to SA-CONTRIB-2012-041 for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- Fancy Slide module for Drupal Web Site: Fancy Slide | drupal.org.
- SA-CONTRIB-2012-041: Fancy Slide - Cross Site Scripting (XSS).
- BID-52513: Drupal Fancy Slide Module HTML Injection Vulnerability
- CVE-2012-2068: Multiple cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities in fancy_slide.module in the Fancy Slide module before 6.x-2.7 for Drupal allow remote authenticated users with the administer fancy_slide permission to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the (1) node_title or (2) nodequeue_title parameter.
- OSVDB ID: 80069: Fancy Slide Module for Drupal Slideshow Block XSS
- SA48412: Drupal Fancy Slide Module Slideshow Block Script Insertion Vulnerability
- Drupal Drupal
- Drupal Fancy Slide module for Drupal 6.x-2.6
Mar 14, 2012
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.