RSA enVision excessive authentication attempts brute force
|envision-cve20120400-bruteforce (74140)||Low Risk|
RSA enVision fails to properly restrict excessive authentication attempts. This makes it easier for an attacker to gain access to the system using brute force techniques.
|Access Vector:||Adjacent Network|
Refer to ESA-2012-014 for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- ESA-2012-014: RSA enVision Multiple Vulnerabilities.
- RSA Web site: enVision.
- BID-52557: RSA enVision Multiple Security Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2012-0400: EMC RSA enVision 4.x before 4.1 Patch 4 does not properly restrict the number of failed authentication attempts, which makes it easier for remote attackers to obtain access via a brute-force attack.
- OSVDB ID: 80207: RSA enVision Brute Force Authentication Weakness
- SA48484: RSA enVision Multiple Vulnerabilities
- RSA enVision 3.7.0
- RSA Envision 4.0
Mar 19, 2012
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this