AppScan Enterprise multiple cross-site request forgery
|ae-multiple-csrf (74370)||Medium Risk|
AppScan Enterprise is vulnerable to cross-site request forgery, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input. By persuading an authenticated user to visit a malicious Web site, a remote attacker could send a malformed HTTP request to create administrative accounts on the AppScan Enterprise server.
Refer to IBM Security Bulletin 1592188 for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- IBM Security Bulletin 1592188: Vulnerabilities in Rational AppScan Enterprise, Rational PolicyTester and Reporting Console.
- BID-53247: IBM Rational Products Multiple Security Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2012-0730: Multiple cross-site request forgery (CSRF) vulnerabilities in IBM Rational AppScan Enterprise 5.x and 8.x before 126.96.36.199 allow remote attackers to hijack the authentication of administrators for requests that create administrative accounts.
- OSVDB ID: 81621: IBM AppScan / Policy Tester Admin Addition CSRF
- SA48967: IBM Rational Products Multiple Vulnerabilities
- SA48968: IBM Rational Products Multiple Vulnerabilities
- IBM AppScan Reporting Console 8.5
- IBM Rational Policy Tester 8.5
- IBM Security AppScan Enterprise 8.5
- IBM Security AppScan Enterprise 8.5 Tester
Apr 24, 2012
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.