InTrust ActiveX control (ArDoc.dll) file overwrite
|intrust-ardoc-file-overwrite (74442)||High Risk|
InTrust ActiveX control (ArDoc.dll) could allow a remote attacker to overwrite arbitrary files on the system. By persuading a victim to visit a malicious Web site, a remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the SaveToFile() insecure method to create and overwrite arbitrary files on the system.
No remedy available as of July 1, 2014.
- Offensive Security Exploit Database [03-28-2012]: Quest InTrust 10.4.x ReportTree and SimpleTree Classes.
- Quest Software Web site: InTrust Event Log Management for Security and Compliance.
- BID-52773: Quest InTrust 'ArDoc.dll' Multiple Insecure Method Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2012-5897: The (1) SimpleTree and (2) ReportTree classees in the ARDoc ActiveX control (ARDoc.dll) in Quest InTrust 10.4.0.853 and earlier do not properly implement the SaveToFile method, which allows remote attackers to write or overwrite arbitrary files via the bstrFileName argument.
- OSVDB ID: 80664: Quest InTrust ActiveX (ARDoc.dll) Multiple Class SaveToFile() Method Arbitrary File Overwrite
- SA48566: Quest InTrust ActiveX Controls Multiple Vulnerabilities
- Quest Software InTrust 10.4
Mar 28, 2012
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.