B2Evolution CMS blog1.php cross-site scripting
|b2evolutioncms-blog1-xss (74458)||Medium Risk|
B2Evolution CMS is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the blog1.php script. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the user_ID field to inject malicious script into a Web page which would be executed in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the page is viewed. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
Apply the patch for this vulnerability, available from the B2Evolution Web site. See References.
- B2Evolution CMS Web Site: b2evolution: More than a blog! - Open Source Blog/CMS Software.
- Packetstorm Security Website: B2Evolution CMS 4.1.3 SQL Injection.
- BID-52783: B2Evolution CMS SQL Injection and Multiple HTML Injection Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2012-5911: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in blogs/blog1.php in b2evolution 4.1.3 allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the message body.
- OSVDB ID: 80672: B2Evolution CMS blogs/blog1.php Message Body XSS
- b2evolution B2Evolution CMS 4.1.3
Mar 29, 2012
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.