Rational Team Concert services cross-site request forgery
|rtc-services-csrf (74736)||Medium Risk|
Rational Team Concert is vulnerable to cross-site request forgery, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input in certain services. By persuading an authenticated user to visit a malicious Web site, a remote attacker could send a malformed HTTP request to modify work items the victim has permission to edit.
Refer to IBM Security Bulletin 1612356 for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- IBM Security Bulletin 1612356: Vulnerability in Rational Team Concert 4.0 with potential for Cross Site Request Forgery (CVE-2012-0748).
- BID-55730: IBM Rational Team Concert Cross Site Request Forgery Vulnerability
- CVE-2012-0748: Multiple cross-site request forgery (CSRF) vulnerabilities in unspecified services in IBM Rational Team Concert (RTC) 4.x before 188.8.131.52 allow remote attackers to hijack the authentication of arbitrary users for requests that modify work items.
- OSVDB ID: 85865: IBM Rational Team Concert Work Item Manipulation CSRF
- SA50789: IBM Rational Team Concert Cross-Site Request Forgery
- IBM Rational Team Concert 4.0
Sep 28, 2012
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.