HP ProCurve 5400 zl Switch compact flash cards weak security
|hpprocurve-flashcards-weak-security (74819)||Low Risk|
HP ProCurve could provide weaker than expected security, caused by the distribution of 5400 zl switches with compact flash cards containing a virus. If the infected flash card is connected to a personal computer, the system's integrity can be compromised.
Refer to HPSBPV02754 SSRT100803 for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- HPSBPV02754 SSRT100803: HP ProCurve 5400 zl Switch, Compact flash card virus.
- BID-52990: HP ProCurve 5400 zl Switches 'Compact Flash Card' Security Issue
- CVE-2012-0133: HP ProCurve 5400 zl switches with certain serial numbers include a compact flash card that contains an unspecified virus, which might allow user-assisted remote attackers to execute arbitrary code on a PC by leveraging manual transfer of this card.
- OSVDB ID: 81315: HP ProCurve 5400 zl Switch Compact Flash Card Malwared Distribution
- SA48738: HP ProCurve 5400 zl Switch Malware Infected Compact Flash Card
- HP 5406-44G-PoE+-4SFP zl Switch J9447A
- HP 5406-48G zl Switch J8699A
- HP 5406zl-44G-PoE+ / 2XG SFP+ v2 Switch J9533A
- HP 5406zl-44G-PoE+ / 4G SFP v2 Switch J9539A
- HP 5412-92G-PoE+-4SFP zl Switch J9448A
- HP 5412-96G zl Switch J8700A
- HP 5412zl-92G-PoE+ / 4G SFP v2 Switch J9540A
- HP 5412zl-92GG-PoE+ / 2XG SFP+ v2 Switch J9532A
- HP E5406 zl Switch Chassis J8697A
- HP E5406 zl Switch with Premium Software J9642A
- HP E5412 zl Switch Chassis J8698A
- HP E5412 zl Switch with Premium Software J9643A
- HP Management Module 5400 series zl switch J8726A
Apr 10, 2012
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.