Acuity CMS login.asp cross-site scripting
|acuitycms-login-xss (74919)||Medium Risk|
Acuity CMS is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the login.asp script. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the UserName parameter in a specially-crafted URL to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the URL is clicked. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
No remedy available as of October 1, 2014.
- Acuity CMS Web Site: Acuity CMS.
- Packetstorm Security Website: Acuity CMS 2.6.x Cross Site Scripting.
- BID-53048: Acuity CMS 'UserName' Parameter Cross Site Scripting Vulnerability
- CVE-2012-4745: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in admin/login.asp in Acuity CMS 2.6.2 allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the UserName parameter.
- The Collective Acuity CMS 2.6.2
Apr 17, 2012
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this