IBM System Storage Manager Profiler cross-site scripting
|ssds-multiple-mp-xss (75239)||Medium Risk|
IBM System Storage is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the Manager Profiler. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using specially-crafted URL to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the URL is clicked. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
Refer to the IBM Security Bulletin for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- IBM Security Bulletin: IBM System Storage DS Storage Manager Profiler SQL Injection and Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerabilities (CVE-2012-2171, CVE-2012-2172).
- ZSL-2012-5094: IBM System Storage DS Storage Manager Profiler Multiple Vulnerabilities.
- BID-54112: IBM System Storage Manager Profiler SQL Injection and Cross Site Scripting Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2012-2172: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in SoftwareRegistration.do in the Storage Manager Profiler in IBM System Storage DS Storage Manager before 10.83.xx.18 on DS Series devices allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the updateRegn parameter.
- OSVDB ID: 83179: IBM System Storage Multiple Product SoftwareRegistration.do updateRegn Parameter XSS
- SA49582: IBM System Storage Products Storage Manager Cross-Site Scripting and SQL Injection Vulnerabilities
- IBM System Storage DCS3700
- IBM System Storage DS3200
- IBM System Storage DS3300
- IBM System Storage DS3400
- IBM System Storage DS3512
- IBM System Storage DS3524
- IBM System Storage DS3950
- IBM System Storage DS4100
- IBM System Storage DS4200
- IBM System Storage DS4300
- IBM System Storage DS4400
- IBM System Storage DS4500
- IBM System Storage DS4700
- IBM System Storage DS4800
- IBM System Storage DS5020
- IBM System Storage DS5100
- IBM System Storage DS5300
Jun 20, 2012
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.