Baby Gekko CMS index.php cross-site scripting
|babygekko-index-xss (75357)||Medium Risk|
Baby Gekko CMS is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the index.php script. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using multiple fields to inject malicious script into a Web page which would be executed in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the page is viewed. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
Upgrade to the latest version of Baby Gekko CMS (1.2.0 or later), available from the Baby Gekko CMS Web site. See References.
- Baby Gekko CMS Web Site: Baby Gekko - Advanced Content Management System.
- EDB-ID: 18827: Baby Gekko CMS v1.1.5c Multiple Stored XSS Vulnerabilities.
- Packet Storm Web site: Baby Gekko CMS 1.1.5c Cross Site Scripting.
- BID-53366: Baby Gekko CMS Multiple Cross Site Scripting and HTML Injection Vulnerabilities
- Baby Gekko Gekko Web Builder 1.1.5c
May 03, 2012
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.