Baby Gekko CMS register cross-site scripting
|babygekkocms-register-xss (75364)||Medium Risk|
Baby Gekko CMS is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the users/action/register in apps/users/registration.template.php script. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the multiple parameters in a specially-crafted URL to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the URL is clicked. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
Upgrade to the latest version of Baby Gekko CMS (1.2.0 or later), available from the Baby Gekko CMS Web site. See References.
- Baby Gekko CMS Web Site: Baby Gekko - Advanced Content Management System.
- EDB-ID: 18827: Baby Gekko CMS v1.1.5c Multiple Stored XSS Vulnerabilities.
- Packet Storm Web Site: Baby Gekko CMS 1.1.5c Cross Site Scripting.
- BID-53366: Baby Gekko CMS Multiple Cross Site Scripting and HTML Injection Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2012-3837: Multiple cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities in apps/users/registration.template.php in Baby Gekko 1.2.0 and earlier allow remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the (1) username, (2) email_address, (3) password, (4) password_verify, (5) firstname, (6) lastname, or (7) verification_code parameter to users/action/register. NOTE: some of these details are obtained from third party information.
- OSVDB ID: 81673: Baby Gekko users/action/register Multiple Parameter XSS
- SA49052: Baby Gekko Multiple Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerabilities
- Baby Gekko Gekko Web Builder 1.1.5c
May 03, 2012
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.