Adobe Illustrator unspecified code execution
|adobe-illustrator-code-execution (75448)||High Risk|
Adobe Illustrator could allow a remote attacker to execute arbitrary code on the system, caused by an unspecified memory corruption error. By persuading a victim to open a specially-crafted file, a remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to execute arbitrary code on the vulnerable system.
Refer to APSB12-10 for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- Adobe Product Security Bulletin APSB12-10: Security Bulletin for Adobe Illustrator.
- BID-53422: Adobe Illustrator APSB12-10 Multiple Memory Corruption Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2012-2025: Adobe Illustrator before CS6 allows attackers to execute arbitrary code or cause a denial of service (memory corruption) via unspecified vectors, a different vulnerability than CVE-2012-0780, CVE-2012-2023, CVE-2012-2024, and CVE-2012-2026.
- OSVDB ID: 81757: Adobe Illustrator Unspecified Memory Corruption (2012-2025)
- SA47118: Adobe Illustrator Multiple Vulnerabilities
- Adobe Illustrator CS2
- Adobe Illustrator CS3
- Adobe Illustrator CS4
- Adobe Illustrator CS5 5.5
- Adobe Illustrator CS5
May 08, 2012
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.