AIX libodm.a symlink
|aix-libodm-symlink (75510)||Medium Risk|
AIX could allow a local attacker to launch a symlink attack, caused by insecure creation of temporary files by libodm.a. A local attacker could exploit this vulnerability by creating a symbolic link from a temporary file to various files on the system, which could allow the attacker to overwrite arbitrary files on the system with elevated privileges.
- IBM Security Advisory: Arbitary file overwrite symlink in libodm.
- BID-54122: IBM AIX Temporary File Creation Vulnerability
- CVE-2012-2179: libodm.a in IBM AIX 5.3, 6.1, and 7.1 allows local users to overwrite arbitrary files via a symlink attack on a temporary file.
- OSVDB ID: 83133: IBM AIX libodm Temporary File Symlink Arbitrary File Overwrite
- SA49618: IBM AIX libodm Insecure File Creation Vulnerability
- IBM AIX 5.3
- IBM AIX 6.1
- IBM AIX 7.1
Jun 14, 2012
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this