Adobe Photoshop U3D.B8I buffer overflow
|photoshop-u3db81-bo (75512)||High Risk|
Adobe Photoshop is vulnerable to a buffer overflow, caused by improper bounds checking by the U3D.8BI plug-in when processing certain Collada file elements. By persuading a victim to open a specially-crafted DAE file, a remote attacker could overflow a buffer and execute arbitrary code on the system or cause the application to crash.
Upgrade to the latest version of Photoshop (CS6.0 or later), available from the Adobe Web site. See References.
- Adobe Web site: Photoshop CS5 editions.
- Packetstorm Security Website: Adobe Photoshop CS5.1 U3D.8BI Buffer Overflow.
- BID-53464: Adobe Photoshop 'U3D.B8I' Library Remote Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- CVE-2012-2052: Stack-based buffer overflow in the U3D.8BI library plugin in Adobe Photoshop CS5 12.x before 12.0.5 and CS5.1 12.1.x before 12.1.1 allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary code via a long Collada asset element in a DAE file, as demonstrated by the cameraYFov value in the contributor comments element.
- OSVDB ID: 81832: Adobe Photoshop U3D.8bi Plugin Collada (.dae) Asset Element Handling Remote Overflow
- SA49160: Adobe Photoshop CS5 Collada File Processing Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- Adobe Photoshop CS5 12.1
- Adobe Photoshop CS5 5.1
May 11, 2012
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.