Viscacha Bulletin Board CMS admin.php and pm.php cross-site scripting
|viscachacms-admin-xss (75577)||Medium Risk|
Viscacha Bulletin Board CMS is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the admin.php and pm.php scripts. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the text, bad word, poral, topic and message fields to inject malicious script into a Web page which would be executed in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the page is viewed. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
No remedy available as of October 1, 2014.
- Viscacha Bulletin Board CMS Web Site: Viscacha.
- Vulnerability Lab: Viscacha Forum CMS v0.8.1.1 - Multiple Web Vulnerabilities.
- BID-53496: Viscacha CMS SQL Injection and Multiple HTML Injection Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2012-2909: Multiple cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities in Viscacha 0.8.1.1 allow remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the (1) text field in the Private Messages System, (2) Bad Word field in Zensur, or (3) Portal or (4) Topic field in Kommentar.
- OSVDB ID: 82229: Viscacha Private Messages System text Field XSS
- OSVDB ID: 82234: Viscacha Zensur Bad Word Field XSS
- OSVDB ID: 82235: Viscacha Kommentar Multiple Field XSS
- Viscacha Viscacha Bulletin Board CMS 0.8.1.1
May 08, 2012
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.