Hostmaster module for Drupal edit or create node security bypass
|hostmaster-node-security-bypass (75715)||Medium Risk|
The Hostmaster module for Drupal could allow a remote authenticated attacker to bypass security restrictions, when editing or creating node types which can cause data corruption and lead to tasks which would never finish. An attacker could exploit this vulnerability to bypass security restrictions and gain unauthorized access to the system.
Refer to SA-CONTRIB-2012-080 for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- Hostmaster (Aegir) module for Drupal Web Site: Hostmaster (Aegir) | drupal.org.
- SA-CONTRIB-2012-080: Hostmaster (Aegir) - Access Bypass and Cross Site Scripting (XSS).
- BID-53588: Drupal Hostmaster Module Cross Site Scripting and Access Security Bypass Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2012-2707: The Hostmaster (Aegir) module 6.x-1.x before 6.x-1.9 for Drupal does not properly exit when users do not have access to package/task nodes, which allows remote attackers to bypass intended access restrictions and edit unauthorized nodes.
- OSVDB ID: 83368: Hostmaster (Aegir) Module for Drupal Package/Task Exit Access Bypass Node Editing Weakness
- Drupal Drupal
- Drupal Hostmaster (Aegir) module for Drupal 6.x-1.8
May 16, 2012
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.