Pligg CMS multiple scripts cross-site scripting
|pliggcms-multiple1-xss (75764)||Medium Risk|
Pligg CMS is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the admin_comments.php, admin_links.php, admin_index.php and module.php scripts. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the user, page, list and karma_username parameters in a specially-crafted URL to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the URL is clicked. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
Upgrade to the latest version of Pligg CMS (1.2.2 or later), available from the Pligg CMS Web site. See References.
- Pligg CMS Web Site: Pligg CMS | Open Source Content Management System.
- Secunia Research 21/05/2012 : Pligg CMS Six Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerabilities.
- BID-53625: Pligg CMS Multiple SQL Injection and Cross Site Scripting Vulnerabilities
- CVE-2012-2936: Multiple cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities in Pligg CMS before 1.2.2 allow remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the (1) user or (2) page parameter to (a) admin/admin_comments.php or (b) admin/admin_links.php; or list parameter in a (3) move or (4) minimize action to (c) admin/admin_index.php.
- OSVDB ID: 82044: Pligg CMS admin/admin_comments.php Multiple Parameter XSS
- OSVDB ID: 82045: Pligg CMS admin/admin_links.php Multiple Parameter XSS
- SA45431: Pligg CMS Multiple Cross-Site Scripting and SQL Injection Vulnerabilities
- Pligg Pligg CMS 1.2.1
May 21, 2012
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.