MantisBT SOAP API security bypass
|mantisbt-soapapi-sec-bypass (76180)||Medium Risk|
MantisBT could allow a remote attacker to bypass security restrictions, caused by the improper checking of permissions when editing bugnotes. An attacker could exploit this vulnerability to using SOAP API to edit other users' bugnotes.
Upgrade to the latest version of MantisBT(1.2.11 or later), available from the MantisBT Web Site. See References.
- MantisBT ID: 0014340: Reporters can update notes of other users by using SOAP API.
- MantisBT Web Site: Mantis Bug Tracker.
- BID-53907: MantisBT SOAP API Security Bypass Vulnerability
- BID-56467: RETIRED: MantisBT SOAP API CVE-2012-2691 Security Bypass Vulnerability
- CVE-2012-2691: The mc_issue_note_update function in the SOAP API in MantisBT before 1.2.11 does not properly check privileges, which allows remote attackers with bug reporting privileges to edit arbitrary bugnotes via a SOAP request.
- OSVDB ID: 82838: MantisBT SOAP API mc_issue_note_update Function Arbitrary Bugnote Manipulation
- SA49414: MantisBT SOAP API Bugnotes Security Bypass Security Issue
- MantisBT MantisBT 1.2.1
- MantisBT MantisBT 1.2.2
- MantisBT MantisBT 1.2.3
- MantisBT MantisBT 1.2.4
- MantisBT MantisBT 1.2.6
- MantisBT MantisBT 1.2.7
- MantisBT MantisBT 1.2.8
Jun 09, 2012
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.