ViewVC svn_ra.py information disclosure
|viewvc-svnra-info-disclosure (76615)||Low Risk|
ViewVC could allow a remote attacker to obtain sensitive information, caused by a log msg leak in SVN revision view (svn_ra.py) when a readable path is copied from an unreadable one. An attacker could exploit this vulnerability to obtain sensitive information.
Upgrade to the latest version of ViewVC (1.1.15 or later), available from the ViewVC Web site. See References.
- Red Hat Bugzilla ¿ Bug 835293 : CVE-2012-3356 CVE-2012-3357 viewvc: two security flaws fixed in 1.1.15.
- ViewVC Web site: ViewVC: Repository Browsing.
- BID-54199: ViewVC 'svn_ra.py' Information Disclosure Vulnerability
- CVE-2012-3357: The SVN revision view (lib/vclib/svn/svn_repos.py) in ViewVC before 1.1.15 does not properly handle log messages when a readable path is copied from an unreadable path, which allows remote attackers to obtain sensitive information, related to a log msg leak.
- DSA-2563: viewvc -- several vulnerabilities
- OSVDB ID: 83227: ViewVC SVN Revision View Unspecified Log Information Disclosure
- ViewVC ViewVC 1.0.10
- ViewVC ViewVC 1.0.2
- ViewVC ViewVC 1.0.3
- ViewVC ViewVC 1.0.5
- ViewVC ViewVC 1.0.8
- ViewVC ViewVC 1.1.10
- ViewVC ViewVC 1.1.11
- ViewVC ViewVC 1.1.12
- ViewVC ViewVC 1.1.13
- ViewVC ViewVC 1.1.14
- ViewVC ViewVC 1.1.2
- ViewVC ViewVC 1.1.3
- ViewVC ViewVC 1.1.4
- ViewVC ViewVC 1.1.5
- ViewVC ViewVC 1.1.6
- ViewVC ViewVC 1.1.7
- ViewVC ViewVC 1.1.8
- ViewVC ViewVC 1.1.9
Jun 25, 2012
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.