Axis Network Camera has a default administrator password
|axis-default-admin-passwd (7665)||Low Risk|
Axis Network Cameras use a default administrator password and fail to notify users to change this password upon installation. A remote attacker could use this vulnerability to gain access to the camera's remote administrative console and view or modify configuration details.
No remedy available as of April 1, 2014.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Wed Dec 05 2001 - 11:03:19 CST: Axis Network Camera known default password vulnerability.
- Foot Clan Security Advisory Foot-20011117: Axis Network Camera known default password vulnerability.
- BID-3640: Axis Network Camera Default Administrator Password Vulnerability
- CVE-2001-1543: Axis network camera 2120, 2110, 2100, 200+ and 200 contains a default administration password pass, which allows remote attackers to gain access to the camera.
- OSVDB ID: 401: Axis Network Camera/Video Server Default Account
- AXIS 200 Network Camera
- AXIS 200+ Network Camera
- AXIS 2100 Network Camera
- AXIS 2110 Network Camera
- AXIS 2120 Network Camera
Dec 05, 2001
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this