CSVForm.pl could allow remote command execution
|csvform-cgi-execute-commands (7692)||High Risk|
CSVForm could allow a remote attacker to execute arbitrary commands on the system, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input. A remote attacker could submit a specially-crafted URL to CVSForm containing shell commands as the argument to the file= parameter to cause arbitrary commands to be executed on the system with privileges of the Web server process.
No remedy available as of September 1, 2014.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Tue Dec 11 2001 - 10:08:13 CST: CSVForm (Perl CGI) Remote Execution Vulnerability.
- EZScripting.com: CSVForm.
- BID-3668: CSVForm Remote Arbitrary Command Execution Vulnerability
- CVE-2001-1187: csvform.pl 0.1 allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary commands via metacharacters in the file parameter.
- OSVDB ID: 14180: CSVForm csvform.pl file Parameter Arbitrary Command Execution
- Mutasem Abudahab CSVForm 0.1
- Mutasem Abudahab CSVFormPlus 1.0
Dec 11, 2001
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this