WMCube/GDK object file buffer overflow
|wmcubegdk-object-file-bo (7720)||High Risk|
WMCube/GDK is vulnerable to a buffer overflow in the object file limits. By specifying an object file greater than 64 bytes or more using the -o argument, a local attacker can overflow a buffer and execute arbitrary code on the system.
Upgrade to the latest version of WMCube/GDK (0.98p2 or later), available from the Specific Phone Systems Web site. See References.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Mon Dec 17 2001 - 17:13:39 CST: New Advisory + Exploit.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Tue Dec 18 2001 - 07:54:34 CST: wmcube-gdk is vulnerable to a local exploit.
- Specific Phone Systems Web site: WMCube / GDK.
- BID-3706: WMCube/GDK Object File Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- CVE-2001-1201: Buffer overflow in wmcube-gdk for WMCube/GDK 0.98 allows local users to execute arbitrary code via long lines in the object description file.
- OSVDB ID: 2006: WMCube/GDK Object File Handling Overflow
- timecop WMCube/GDK 0.98
Dec 17, 2001
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this