IBM Tivoli Monitoring HTTP monitoring console cross-site scripting
|tivolimonitoring-hmc-xss (77291)||Medium Risk|
Tivoli Monitoring is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the HTTP monitoring console. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using a specially-crafted URL to execute script in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the URL is clicked. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
Refer to the appropriate IBM Security Bulletin for patch, upgrade, or suggested workaround information. See References.
- IBM Security Bulletin 1618972: Potential Security vulnerability in IBM Tivoli Monitoring with the embedded HTTP server CVE-2012-3297.
- IBM Security Bulletin 1651226: IBM SmartCloud Analytics - Log Analysis - Security exposures related to http web server embedded with IBM Tivoli Monitoring components (CVE-2013-2961, CVE-2013-2960,CVE-2013-0548,CVE-2013-0551, CVE-2012-3297).
- BID-56809: IBM Tivoli Monitoring HTTP Monitoring Console Cross Site Scripting Vulnerability
- CVE-2012-3297: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in the embedded HTTP server in the Service Console in IBM Tivoli Monitoring 6.2.2 before 6.2.2-TIV-ITM-FP0009 and 6.3.2 before 6.2.3-TIV-ITM-FP0001 allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via a crafted URI.
- SA51509: IBM Tivoli Monitoring HTTP Service Console Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerability
- IBM SmartCloud Analytics - Log Analysis 184.108.40.206
- IBM SmartCloud Analytics - Log Analysis 220.127.116.11
- IBM SmartCloud Analytics - Log Analysis 18.104.22.168
- IBM Tivoli Monitoring 6.2.2
- IBM Tivoli Monitoring 6.2.3
Dec 04, 2012
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.