Mini SQL large character array in a table can cause the database process to crash
|msql-char-array-dos (7746)||Low Risk|
Mini SQL is vulnerable to a denial of service attack. If a remote attacker creates a table with a large character array in one of the columns, the attacker could cause the database process to crash if the table is queried.
Denial of Service
No remedy available as of April 1, 2014.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Wed Dec 26 2001 - 08:51:37 CST: msql DoS.
- Hughes Technologies Web site: Mini SQL.
- BID-3742: Hughes Technologies Mini SQL Denial of Service Vulnerability
- CVE-2001-1225: Hughes Technology Mini SQL 2.0.10 through 2.0.12 allows local users to cause a denial of service by creating a very large array in a table, which causes miniSQL to crash when the table is queried.
- OSVDB ID: 10168: Hughes Technology Mini SQL Large Character Array DoS
- Hughes Technologies Mini SQL 2.0.10
- Hughes Technologies Mini SQL 2.0.11
- Hughes Technologies Mini SQL 2.0.12
Dec 26, 2001
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this