Xeams Email Server sendMail function cross-site scripting
|xeamsemailserver-sendmail-xss (77504)||Medium Risk|
Xeams Email Server is vulnerable to cross-site scripting, caused by improper validation of user-supplied input by the sendMail function. A remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability using the body field to inject malicious script into a Web page which would be executed in a victim's Web browser within the security context of the hosting Web site, once the page is viewed. An attacker could use this vulnerability to steal the victim's cookie-based authentication credentials.
No remedy available as of October 1, 2014.
- Offensive Security Exploit Database [08-08-2012]: Xeams Email Server 4.4 Build 5720 Stored XSS.
- Xeams Web Site: Xeams Home - A free email and spam filtering server with SMTP, POP3 and IMAP.
- BID-54902: Xeams Email Server 'Body' Field HTML Injection Vulnerability
- CVE-2012-2569: Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in Synametrics Technologies Xeams 4.4 Build 5720 allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or HTML via the body of an email.
- OSVDB ID: 84591: Xeams Email Message Body XSS
- SA50190: Xeams Email Body Script Insertion Vulnerability
- Xeams Xeams Email Server 4.4 Build 5720
Aug 08, 2012
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.