DayDream BBS control code buffer overflow
|daydream-bbs-control-code-bo (7755)||High Risk|
DayDream is vulnerable to a buffer overflow in the handling of control codes, which are used to insert information and perform actions on the BBS. By posting a message that contains a control code with a very large value, an attacker can overflow a buffer and execute arbitrary code on the system with privileges of the BBS user.
Upgrade to the latest version of DayDream BBS (2.14.4 or later), available from the DayDream BBS Web site. See References.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Sun Dec 30 2001 - 12:35:17 CST: DayDream BBS buffer overflows.
- DayDream BBS Web site: History of DayDream.
- DayDream BBS Web site: DayDream.
- BID-3757: DayDream BBS Control Code Multiple Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- CVE-2001-1207: Buffer overflows in DayDream BBS 2.9 through 2.13 allow remote attackers to possibly execute arbitrary code via the control codes (1) ~#MC, (2) ~#TF, or (3) ~#RA.
- OSVDB ID: 14225: DayDream BBS Control Code Arbitrary Code Execution
- Hannu Lyytinen DayDream BBS 2.13 and prior
Dec 30, 2001
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this