BSCW default installation could allow an attacker to register as a user
|bscw-default-installation-registration (7775)||Low Risk|
The default installation of BSCW allows a remote attacker to register and gain access to the BSCW service.
No remedy available as of April 1, 2014.
- BSCW Web site: BSCW Home Page.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Wed Jan 02 2002 - 17:13:32 CST: BSCW: Vulnerabilities and Problems.
- BID-3777: BSCW Insecure Default Installation Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-0095: The default configuration of BSCW (Basic Support for Cooperative Work) 3.x and possibly version 4 enables user self registration, which could allow remote attackers to upload files and possibly join a user community that was intended to be closed.
- OSVDB ID: 5374: BSCW User Registration Bypass
- GMD FIT BSCW 3.4
- GMD FIT BSCW 4.0
- GMD FIT BSCW 4.0.6
Jan 02, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this