Savant Web server long file parameter value buffer overflow
|savant-long-parameter-bo (7786)||Low Risk|
Savant is vulnerable to a denial of service attack caused by a buffer overflow in the handling of long file parameters. By sending several URL requests for files in the cgi-bin directory with a very long file parameter, a remote attacker can overflow a buffer and crash the Web server.
Denial of Service
No remedy available as of February 1, 2014.
- BugTraq Mailing List, Sat Jan 05 2002 - 12:40:36 CST: Savant Webserver Buffer Overflow Vulnerability.
- Savant Web site: Savant Web Server.
- BID-3788: Michael Lamont Savant Web Server Long Request DoS Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-0099: Buffer overflow in Michael Lamont Savant Web Server 3.0 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (crash) via a long HTTP request to the cgi-bin directory in which the CGI program name contains a large number of . (dot) characters.
- OSVDB ID: 12205: Savant Web Server File Parameter Overflow
- Savant Savant 3.0
Jan 05, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this