Bugzilla show_bug.cgi reveals all existing bugs
|bugzilla-showbug-reveal-bugs (7802)||Medium Risk|
A vulnerability in the show_bug.cgi script in Bugzilla could allow a remote attacker to obtain a listing of all bugs that are present in a product. The Product popup menu on the show_bug.cgi page lists all products, allowing the attacker to access bugs for products.
Upgrade to the latest version of Bugzilla (2.14.1 or later), as listed in Bugzilla Security Advisory dated January 5th, 2002. See References.
- Bugzilla Security Advisory Jan 5th, 2002: Bugzilla 2.14.1 Released!.
- Bugzilla Web site: Bugzilla Bug 102141 [security] When changing a bug the Product: list has options the user doesn't have access to..
- Bugzilla Web site: Bugzilla 2.14.1 Release Notes.
- BID-3798: BugZilla Show_Bug.CGI Product Pulldown Bug Disclosure Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-0009: show_bug.cgi in Bugzilla before 2.14.1 allows a user with Bugs Access privileges to see other products that are not accessible to the user, by submitting a bug and reading the resulting Product pulldown menu.
- OSVDB ID: 5421: Bugzilla show_bug.cgi Bugs Access Information Disclosure
- RHSA-2002-001: Updated bugzilla packages available
- Mozilla Bugzilla 2.10
- Mozilla Bugzilla 2.12
- Mozilla Bugzilla 2.14
- Mozilla Bugzilla 2.4
- Mozilla Bugzilla 2.6
- Mozilla Bugzilla 2.8
- RedHat Linux Powertools 7.0
- RedHat Linux Powertools 7.1
Jan 05, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this