Adobe Flash Player and Air logic error denial of service
|adobe-flash-air-logic-dos (78226)||Medium Risk|
Adobe Flash Player and Air are vulnerable to a denial of service, caused by a logic error involving multiple dialogs in Firefox. By persuading a victim to visit a specially-crafted Web site, a remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to cause the application to crash.
Denial of Service
Refer to APSB12-19 for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- Adobe Product Security Bulletin APSB12-19: Security updates available for Adobe Flash Player.
- BID-55365: Adobe Flash Player and AIR CVE-2012-4171 Remote Denial of Service Vulnerability
- CVE-2012-4171: Adobe Flash Player before 10.3.183.23 and 11.x before 11.4.402.265 on Windows and Mac OS X, before 10.3.183.23 and 11.x before 188.8.131.52 on Linux, before 184.108.40.206 on Android 2.x and 3.x, and before 220.127.116.11 on Android 4.x; Adobe AIR before 18.104.22.1680; and Adobe AIR SDK before 22.214.171.1240 allow attackers to cause a denial of service (application crash) by leveraging a logic error during handling of Firefox dialogs.
- Adobe Adobe Air 126.96.36.19920
- Adobe AIR 188.8.131.5230
- Adobe Flash Player 10.0.0.584
- Adobe Flash Player 10.0.12.10
- Adobe Flash Player 10.0.12.36
- Adobe Flash Player 10.0.22.87
- Adobe Flash Player 10.0.32.18
- Adobe Flash Player 7.0
- Adobe Flash Player 184.108.40.206
- Adobe Flash Player 220.127.116.11
- Adobe Flash Player 8.0
- Adobe Flash Player 18.104.22.168
- Adobe Flash Player 22.214.171.124
- Adobe Flash Player 126.96.36.199
- Adobe Flash Player 188.8.131.52
- Adobe Flash Player 184.108.40.206
- Adobe Flash Player 220.127.116.11
- Adobe Flash Player 9.0.16
- Adobe Flash Player 9.0.20
- Adobe Flash Player 18.104.22.168
- Adobe Flash Player 9.0.28
- Adobe Flash Player 22.214.171.124
- Adobe Flash Player 126.96.36.199
- Adobe Flash Player 188.8.131.52
- Adobe Flash Player 184.108.40.206
- Adobe Flash Player 220.127.116.11
- Gentoo Linux
- Novell OpenSUSE 11.0
- RedHat Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4.8.z Extras
- RedHat RHEL Extras 3
- RedHat RHEL Extras 4
Aug 31, 2012
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.