Microsoft Internet Explorer showModelessDialog() denial of service
|ie-modeless-dialog-dos (7826)||Medium Risk|
Denial of Service
No remedy available as of December 1, 2013.
- BID-3789: Microsoft Internet Explorer Modeless Dialog DoS Vulnerability
- CVE-2002-0101: Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 and earlier allows local users to cause a denial of service via an infinite loop for modeless dialogs showModelessDialog, which causes CPU usage while the focus for the dialog is not released.
- OSVDB ID: 7852: Microsoft IE showModelessDialog Infinite Loop DoS
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.5
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0
Jan 06, 2002
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this