IBM Informix Dynamic Server SET COLLATION option buffer overflow
|ids-setcollation-bo (78277)||High Risk|
IBM Informix Dynamic Server is vulnerable to a stack-based buffer overflow, caused by improper bounds checking. By sending a specially-crafted SET COLLATION statement, a remote authenticated attacker could overflow a buffer and execute arbitrary code on the system with elevated privileges or cause the application to crash.
Refer to IBM Security Bulletin 1611800 for patch, upgrade or suggested workaround information. See References.
- IBM Security Bulletin 1611800: IBM Informix Dynamic Server SET COLLATION vulnerability (CVE-2012-3334)..
- BID-55668: IBM Informix Dynamic Server CVE-2012-3334 Remote Stack Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- CVE-2012-3334: Stack-based buffer overflow in IBM Informix Dynamic Server (IDS) 11.50 before 11.50.xC9W2 and 11.70 before 11.70.xC5 allows remote authenticated users to execute arbitrary code via crafted arguments in a SET COLLATION statement.
- OSVDB ID: 85736: IBM Informix Dynamic Server SET COLLATION Statement Argument Parsing Remote Overflow
- SA50649: IBM Informix Dynamic Server Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
- IBM Informix Dynamic Server 11.5
- IBM Informix Dynamic Server 11.7
Sep 24, 2012
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall the author/distributor (IBM Internet Security Systems X-Force) be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.
For corrections or additions please email ignore thisxforceignore this@ignore thisus.ignore thisibm.comignore this
* According to the Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST), the Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) is an "industry open standard designed to convey vulnerability severity and help to determine urgency and priority of response." IBM PROVIDES THE CVSS SCORES "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CUSTOMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ASSESSING THE IMPACT OF ANY ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL SECURITY VULNERABILITY.
The information within this database may change without notice. Use of this information constitutes acceptance for use in an AS IS condition. There are NO warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to this information or its use. Any use of this information is at the user's risk. In no event shall IBM be held liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use or spread of this information.